When Bob Dylan wrote this song in 1964 he probably wasn’t thinking about bicycles. That’s all we think about, well almost all! The fact is bicycle retail as well as ALL retail is changing. The internet has changed the way we think and shop and brick and mortar stores need to evolve to keep up.
Some bicycle shops will get bigger, some will close, and some will sell coffee and craft beer, while others will find their own niche. The Cycle Lodge will continue to provide the one-on-one customer service you expect, just not in a traditional retail setting.
As of April 11th, our business model will change slightly. In order to serve you with fewer interruptions, we are limiting our retail hours and doing more service and sales by appointment.
Rest assured, we are not going anywhere, and will always strive to keep you up and riding! We have too much time, energy and passion involved in the Cycle Lodge to do anything else. We are just going to narrow our focus to concentrate on what we do best, providing exceptional customer service to people who are excited about riding bikes.
Here’s the plan:
- Bike sales: Schedule an appointment (or see us during retail hours – noted below) and we will spend personalized time with you going over model, size and appropriate level of bicycle for your budget. Be sized and test ride as much as you want. We are still a dealer for Specialized, Pivot, Merckx, and Surly bicycles.
- Service: Schedule your tune-ups or upgrades with Jimmy and have your bike back within 2 to 3 days. Our priority is to keep you riding so emergencies such as tires, tubes, chains and adjustments are done as soon as possible. We still love to do custom work, upgrades and wheel building.
- Fittings: Not much changed here. Make an appointment with Beth to have your bike fit like a glove.
- Retail Hours: Thursday – Friday: Noon to 6:00 pm. Saturdays by appointment. You know us, we will still be at the shop more often than not, and so arranging drop off and pick-up times should not be a problem.
- Instructional rides: One-on-one or small group ride sessions for road, mountain or cyclocross. Learn riding techniques and how your bike works.
- Rides: Yes! We will have more time to ride with our customers and that’s what it’s all about!
We hope these changes help us to provide you with the exceptional service you expect from us. Please be assured, just because we are moving more towards appointment based service does not mean that we do not want to hear from you. Totally the opposite! We want to hear from you, so please, never think that you are bothering us! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 781-826-2822. We will do whatever we can to accommodate your schedule. We think of you as part of our Cycle Lodge family.
Thank you for being a wonderful customer, for your business and your friendship!
Spring is here. Let’s ride bikes!
Beth & Jimmy